Review and analysis of the electronic system for customs clearance of goods (cargo processing) e-dec
. This system for the Federal Customs Administration generates approximately one third of the total Swiss Government income and is therefore highly visible and has critical performance requirements.
Tasks from our assignment included:
- Review of the SOA architecture
- Business process analysis
- Bea Weblogic Performance Tuning
Large International Swiss Bank
The client's intranet portal is the default browser start page and central access-point for ~60'000 employees worldwide. Since 2006 Flexbit was engaged in several projects in the portal area, its applications and associated infrastructure. We assisted our client in architecture, project management and development as part of their internal team and in communication with other departments and external providers.
In terms of technologies we mainly contributed our Java/J2EE, Web Technologies and UNIX engineering know-how as well as system integration, architecture and design skills to the success of those projects.
Selected assignments and responsibilities from our relationship are:
- Migration of the intranet portal to standard infrastructure and processes - project management and engineering.
- Project management and implementation of a Single Sign On (SSO) solution for worldwide intranet
- Architecture consulting in offshore evaluation of intranet portal project.
- Management of the Windows 2003 server based web application infrastructure.
- Development of extensions for personalized community based intranet portal.
Swiss Health Insurance
Flexbit has been active at the customer site since 2006 on assignments concerning CRM, system integration and the deployment of the EAI infrastructure. We have assisted the insurance as part of their internal project teams and in the communication with their other external partners. Our main know-how contribution was in the fields of technical business analysis, specification and development coordination for the complex dependencies of a systems integration project.
With this company, our business goals were to accelerate the customer centric processes (such as acquisition, insurance coverage changes, document orders or claims management) by using the CRM-based workflow management tools, but keeping the core business data in their Host system. This provided many business advantages, mainly in the following areas:
- better control of internal processes by the use of a workflow engine
- a steeper learning curve for users, by using a modern windows-based CRM application for customer processes
- avoiding duplicated data input (and related mistakes) by using automated data synchronization or transfer between applications
- stability and reuse of proven and tested Host-based core company processes
As a result of this first integration between the CRM and Host, our client is now working on a second generation global integration architecture.